- The competition is open to all nationalities, but plays must be written in English and unpublished for the duration of the competition.
- Green Stories competitions aim to increase positive views of the future. All plays must contain ideas that solve the environmental, social or economic challenges our world faces today; or be in a world that has moved past environmental damage and extreme economic inequality.
- Plays must be written for the stage for more than one actor with a running time of 70 – 120 minutes. (full length)
- By entering the competition, the writer affirms that their entry is original, and they have sole rights to all matters contained within the play.
- The authors name and contact details must be removed from all pages of the script. All pages to be numbered.
- The first page of each script should include a completed play synopsis of no more than 200 words, a list of characters, a description of setting.
- The organisers will not accept responsibility for the loss of scripts in transit.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence concerning the results will be entered into.
Play submissions that do not comply with all competition rules will be read in their entirety but may be discounted from the competition without notification to the writer.
The closing date for all entries is 30th June 2019.
- Live Your Values Ltd will consider all scripts for production in a community theatre with volunteer performers.
- If a winning script is produced by the Live Your Values Ltd, the prize money will replace royalties for a three-night run.
- Judges will consider:
- Entertainment – is the audience’s attention captured and held?
- Characters – distinctive characters people can identify with, so they care what happens to them.
- Message – a clear idea for the future that the audience is likely to understand.